Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Christmas Eve Morning.

I was AWARE of the running footsteps before I actually woke up...

We all Grow up seeing TV and movies of kids being excited for Christmas. Those images pale in comparison to a real, Excited four-year-old. Abby's been watching Christmas movies since Halloween and her excitement is infectious. For the first time since I started working in retail, I'm actually looking forward to the holiday season. The WHOLE holiday season.

There's often drawing time in our day, and it's always an interesting exercise in  speed, accuracy, and a stead/deft hand...Usually there's a two-year-old squirming on my lap as I doodle with crayons and markers, giving me an extra handy cap. I drew the top Santa first one day and as I worked, I thought it would be funny to put a shopping bag in his hand. Abby had other thoughts...

Abby: "Hey, you drew Santa! He needs a sack though. "
Me: "He has a sack, right there. "
Abby: "That's not a sack, it's a purse. He needs a sack in that hand, and a bell in the other. Maybe you should start over on a new piece of paper. "


So I drew the second one, which she was much happier with. I was told on the facebook page that his mustache is wonky, but to be fair to me, I was in a hurry, and someone was getting extra squirmy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment