Thursday, June 13, 2013

Daily Life: January 2010

January 2010

What better way to start off the new year tan with a forty-foot pillar of flame? 

We have a January tradition (weather permitting) of having a party and burning the Christmas tree. Fortunately, we have a large backyard with quite a few old trees on the property, so there's never a shortage of other stuff to burn. This is important because the Christmas tree goes fast. 

 Around about seven, when the yard is dark and quiet, everybody gets bundled up and puts an extra drink (or two) in their pockets, and we go out to the burn pile. 

Amy has her own tradition on this night...not paying attention to the trip to the backyard, and missing the awesomeness.

I started keeping track of my life with the girls in 2009, in a series of illustrated status updates called "Daily Life"...As I finish up collecting some of these stories for print books, and catch up on some freelance work, I thought it would be a good time to post some of these older stories, so that everything is collected here on the blog. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment