Monday, June 10, 2013

Daily Life 011: Shopping Cart 2



October 26, 2009 - Daily Life 011: Shopping Cart 2

Abby has a playschool shopping cart that she loves to push around... everywhere. And there's not really any rhyme or reason to what is actually IN the cart. The only consistent thing, is that usually either Woody or Kermit is riding in the seat.

I started keeping track of my life with the girls in 2009, in a series of illustrated status updates called "Daily Life"...As I finish up collecting some of these stories for print books, and catch up on some freelance work, I thought it would be a good time to post some of these older stories, so that everything is collected here on the blog. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have. :)

2009 was a great year, and working on this project helped me learn a lot about the craft of drawing and painting, as well as the dynamic of our family's life. Over the course of the year, I developed a small core cast of characters. I'm excited to go through 2010, starting later this week. It was a big year for us, as we got ready for Olive to be born, and I prepared to be a full time freelancer and stay-at-home dad. In the fall of 2010, I began work on the 2011 calendar, which looked back on the year before, as well as highlighted our typical days during each month. I'll be using those illustrations in between the normal Daily Life illustrated status updates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment