Monday, August 26, 2013

Cincy Comicon

Cincy Comicon is coming up in just a little over a week. This is a show that I've been looking forward to since last fall, with awesome artists like Bernie Wrightson, and Arthur Adams (Literally two of my childhood art/comic heroes), as well as Katie Cook, and too many others to really get into naming. Maybe you could hop over to their website and check out the line up. It's incredible. 

On top of that, I'll get to hang out with my friend Leighton Connor, of Laser Brigade fame, Adron Buske and Dan Cassidy of Loop and Hoodie, as well as visit my friends Annie and Martin on the way. I feel like I'm all over the place getting ready, but really wanted to share some of the things that the girls and I did together this week.

Abby had  some long strips of scrap paper and wanted to make a comic. She had the idea of using dogs, and wanted a wagon in it, the rest just sort of evolved from there. She thought the people skeleton was hilarious.


Olive and I spent part of the morning making pin-back buttons this morning. She was quite the industrious helper, and was a lot of fun to work with. The only snag we hit was when she decided that all of the button blanks were pirate treasure, and I had to dip into my reserves for awhile in order to keep working.

We're really happy with this set of 34 new buttons, including a 5 pack of Life With Girls buttons. Olive thought hers was so cool that she demanded to wear one of them, and tried to talk me out of every one we made. It's a picture of her, so it must be hers, right?

I'll drawing and chatting in Artist Alley at the con on September 6-8, stop by and hi!




No comments:

Post a Comment