Thursday, August 1, 2013

April 2010

April 2010

April is great. It marks the end of the (often bitter) cold Missouri winter, and brings with it the spring and the vibrant, crisp green of new grass and leaves after a rain. Outside, we can hear the neighbor kids playing, the baby birds chirping and the insects starting their warm weather chatter.

It also brings my two most very favorite birthdays of the year. Abby's birthday is crazy with all the kids, parents, relatives, wrapping paper...you get the idea. Then, assuming it' not too soggy outside, the kids run in the yard while the adults get lunch together.

This year, the best birthday present was a new baby sister. I think the only way that Abby could've been more excited was if Olivia had been dressed in a Batman costume when she met her.


I started keeping track of my life with the girls in 2009, in a series of illustrated status updates called "Daily Life"...As I finish up collecting some of these stories for print books, and catch up on some freelance work, I thought it would be a good time to post some of these older stories, so that everything is collected here on the blog. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment