Monday, July 15, 2013

March 2010


March 2010

Sometimes what my wife wants winds up being a heap of trouble for me. Unfortunately, I don't always realize it until I'm knee deep. Usually though, it's worth the extra trouble, and even if it's really not I've been married long enough to just keep my mouth shut. Ha-ha-ha! 

We live in an older house. I don't know if you know this, but that generally means there are several trees. Not little ones either, I'm talking about BIG trees..with lots (and lots) of leaves in the fall and seeds in the spring. This is kind of a pain in the back side for me, but at least I'm getting some fresh air and exercise. 

In the fall, despite my best efforts, between wrapping up the year at work, the holidays, and doing anything other than raking those heaping mountains of leaves, I've often got more on mind than thinking about what to do with them. 

Eventually though, spring arrives and I get to thinking about how all those dead leaves that piled up in November are killing my grass. I think about how all the bald spots were just starting to fill in and look nice(ish) at the end of the summer. So I start to rake...and rake...

Luckily, Abby is enjoying helping me this year.

I started keeping track of my life with the girls in 2009, in a series of illustrated status updates called "Daily Life"...As I finish up collecting some of these stories for print books, and catch up on some freelance work, I thought it would be a good time to post some of these older stories, so that everything is collected here on the blog. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment