Sunday, February 10, 2013

100 Themes - Smile


Smile SHOULD be an easy theme. The problem is that there are so many instances in our day to choose from, that it's hard to narrow them down. Both girls love to play, and love to make jokes, smile and laugh.

My first idea was to do a little strip about lunchtime, and a habit we have of holding up pieces of food and saying, "You have a cheese beard!" or whatever the food is. Then I thought it may be nice to show when Amy comes home, and how happy the girls are to see her. I was all set to start drawing it when Abby came up and asked me to draw something out of the blue...

"Dad, Do you think tonite you can draw a picture of me dancing? I want a picture of me dancing with all my skills." So I worked on this one instead from a video of her dancing at the Saint Louis Science Center First Friday event last week.

Dance from Jeffrey Johnson on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment