Friday, September 20, 2013

October 2010

October 2010

In the olden days, when people still thought the world was flat, and there was still so much left to be explored, maps were drawn by hand by master craftsmen. Pictures of these maps show cool little annotations like "Here there be dragons" and "Abandon all hope." On the map of my year, the annotation for October would read something like "Hang onto your seat" or "Many busy days ahead...too bad you won't have time to rake the leaves."

The annual trip to the pumpkin patch with my in-laws marks the official start of our holiday season. Seeing Abby running around, picking out a pumpkin, looking at tractors, riding the horse, or playing with the other kids is only half the fun. Enjoying the company of Amy's parents, and watching them enjoy their youngest grandchildren is the other half.


I started keeping track of my life with the girls in 2009, in a series of illustrated status updates called "Daily Life"...As I finish up collecting some of these stories for print books, and catch up on some freelance work, I thought it would be a good time to post some of these older stories, so that everything is collected here on the blog. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment